Monday, May 27, 2013

Only a few days left!

Hello everyone,
So, summer has almost arrived and I could not be more excited! To start off my blog, I thought I'd let everyone know why I'm going to to Stuttgart specifically, and what makes it so special, so, here it goes!

Reason #1:
As many of you know, last year for the second semester of school, my family hosted an exchange student from Germany. Charly began as my exchange-sister, but after just a few weeks, we began to form a relationship larger than one of simply friends, and more like one of sisters. We went to school together, and had 5 out of 7 of the same classes, so this allowed us to be together literally for the entire six months that she was here. After school, we would do homework together, watch the same shows, play the same sports, bake together, laugh at the same things, shop for the same styles, and so much more. As you can imagine, it was extremely difficult for the both of us to part ways at the end of the year. Skype was very useful during the separation and I think that if the Skype people were to charge us for our calls, they would now be millionaires from just our calls. Anyway, now we are going to finally see each other after 327 days of waiting (but who's counting....?) in the city where Charly lives, Stuttgart, where I'll be living with her!

Reason #2: 
I think that German is a beautiful language and ever since I saw the tape of my parents' wedding where some people were speaking in German, I wanted to learn the language. So, while in Stuttgart, I will be taking German language lessons at the "anglo-german institute" for a month, in an effort to create at least a tiny German-speaking ability. I would love to be able to use German in my life, even if it's just speaking with someone in German for a few hours/week.

Reason #3:
Stuttgart is an extremely important city to me because it is also where my parents met, so living there for the summer will allow me to learn more about the city that is so important to their history. I want to learn why they loved it so much, and experience its supposedly very rich culture.

So there they are! This trip is sure to be incredible and I can't wait to share the adventures with all of you :)

 

Tchüss!
-Ania


1 comment:

  1. "Tschüss" with s. No, kidding :DDD Awesome first Post, I really hope you'll have the time to catch up with this while staying here.. 15 days to go!
    xoxo You-Know-Who

    ReplyDelete